Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 10-September 17, 2012

Hellooo everybody or as they would say in Michigan, "Heys yous guys" haha!
Well this week was much like the one before...nothing too exciting but nothing bad at all. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord. Before I came out I wondered why we had to pay 400 dollars a month and now I realize they dont want you having this much fun for free.

Monday- We had mission tour so we woke up at 4:30 and had to be in Grand Rapids by 7:30 where we heard from Elder Schwitzwer from the 70s. He gave us some really awesome instruction for "finding". So Elder Webb and I have been trying to implement them into our service. We got back into Charlotte at about 6 and we didn't have anything set up because we didn't know when we were going to be back so we just knocked on doors until curfew.

Tuesday- Because we had zone confrence on Monday, pday was on Tuesday so we cleaned the house and emailed and shopped. That's pretty much all there is to do in Charlotte on pday ha. Then we went and visited a less active member named Bernard and then we finished by doing some finding.

Wednesday- Wednesday was awesome! We taught like 6 lessons. We didn't end up doing any finding which was definitely okay by me haha! Then we went over to our branch mission leaders house and put together some packets for the members to help them get a little more motivated to do some missionary work.

Thursday- We did our weekly planning and then we went and saw Ruth. She isn't really progressing anymore so we are going to have to do something to get her a little more motivated about things. Then we went to Olivet and visited some less active members over there and ran into some less actives we had never met before so hopefully we can get them to come to church.

Friday- We did our weekly service at Helping Hands for a few hours and then we came back home and did our studies. We finishsed those packets for the members, had dinner, and went and banged on some doors for the rest of the evening.

Saturday- We took a look at our investigator board and determined that there weren't enough names on it so we went to Eaton Rapids and found a whole subdivision that we had not knocked on. To a missionary that's like a kid in a candy store! Although we didn't have much luck it was still good. Then we went and saw Brother Anderson who just had surgery. He is in a assisted living place so we went and read some scriptures with him.

Sunday- We had branch counsil where they discuss missionary work for 5 minutes and don't really get much accomplished then we had church and this member brought this lady up to us and said, "this is my son's girlfriend and she is interested in the church". And we're like "sweet"!!! So we taught her and set up a time to go over and teach her a little more. It seems pretty promising so we will see how that all works out.

All in all it was a pretty good week. We dont have that many investigators so we are still knocking on doors. It gets frustrating at times but I know that it will all pay off. My studies are going great and I feel like I am learning soo much. Elder Webb has been an awesome trainer so I just hope that I will be able to remember everything I've learned. I hope you are all doing well and that life is treating you well. Just remember that God loves you and no matter what that will never change. I love you all and hope you are happy.

Love, Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment