The day in and day out journey of Elder Alex Adams L.D.S Mission in the Michigan Lansing Mission.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Week 12-October 1, 2012 (No Transfer!!!)
Dear Everybody,
How is it going out in the real world? Everything here in Michigan is going great. Not much has changed teaching wise but we did receive transfer calls this week and well Elder Webb is outta here! I'm gonna miss him but it's all good. I think he was ready to leave Charlotte. It's a tough area. My new companion will be Elder Fletcher. I don't know much about him so next week I will give you all the info on him but yeah this week was a really fun week. Elder Webb and I are still getting along great which is weird cause you would think 12 weeks with someone non-stop you would want to kill them but he is a stud and I will definitely miss him. But anyway here is my week.
Monday- WENT GOLFING for the first time in like 3 months. Did I play good? NO...but that's beside the point! Then we went and emailed for like 4 hours cause there is nothing else to do here on p-day. Then we shopped and had dinner and then we just knocked all night (just a little heads up...we knocked a lot last week) (like A LOT)
Tuesday- We went out to Brother Kings house and we helped him chop wood for the winter and that took forever. We made a real concentrated effort this week to look for service opportunities. Then we had our studies and contacted some potentials we had gotten the week before. We went and saw Ruth which is always fun. Not sure how much longer we are gonna keep her though, idk we'll see.
Wednesday- District meeting in Jackson, then Elder Baird and I went on trade-offs in Charlotte. We went and saw a couple of people, then we had the community dinner that the church does once a month and volunteered there (basically all the less fortunate people come and get a free meal). Then we knocked till the end of the day.
Thursday- Had studies with Elder Baird, then drove to Jackson to trade back and met with the Branch President and got a list of all the part member families and less actives to see what we can do there. If all the less actives came to church we would have a huge ward, so we are busy there. Then we knocked and knocked...and knocked!
Friday- We had our weekly planning which was cool cause we couldn't leave till we got transfer calls anyway. Then we saw Ruth again and went to Olivet to see Loretta. She fed us an awesome roast. We did some stuff in Olivet till the end of the night.
Saturday- We went to the Doty families house and helped them with some yard work. It was just one of those days that we knocked a lot. I don't have my old planner so I'm not really sure what we did on Saturday but i know we worked hard haha!
Sunday- We had PEC early and then we had church. It was fast and testimony week cause of conference this week. I don't think I have ever heard such good testimonies before in my life. The people here in our branch are really faithful people. They love the Lord a lot. For dinner we went to the Hackworth's. They had a huge pig roast so we got some of that. Then we went and saw the Knight family and taught them a short Plan of Salvation lesson because it was a school night.
That was most of my week. Since I got a new planner and left my old one at home there are probably a few things missing but for the most part that is it. It was a pretty solid week. We are working hard. I can tell cause I'm always tired haha. But I'm past my second transfer already. It's way crazy but I'm loving every second of it. I miss you all and hope all is going well with you.
Love,
Elder Adams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment